Sunday, October 3, 2010

An Evening Quote

There is much to catch up on in the world of ultras/IMs/training. I've inadvertently gotten back into my training routine after a couple months of taking it "easy" so-to-speak. Spent 8 hours this weekend on some swim/bike/run stuff. All enjoyable, if not tiring.

I'll have more details in the coming week, but for now, a quote that I thought to be very poignant and relevant to the endurance world, and perhaps life in general, accompanied by a picture of the tree branches along my running route.

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.” - Anon.

1 comment:

Maura said...

Em - can't tell you how happy I was to run into you on the course on Sunday. You gave my spirits such a lift, and I felt just a little bit stronger running next to you.

I miss your blogs...come back! With all your free time and whatnot ;)