Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Countdown Begins

Hey, thanks for visiting the site. For those of your who found their way from "New Kid on the Strip, thanks for sticking with me.

This blog will detail my year of training for Disney's Goofy Challenge. In Jan 2007, I ran the Walt Disney World Half Marathon. In Jan 2008, I ran the Walt Disney World Marathon. I have confirmed my registration for the 2009 Walt Disney Goofy Challenge, and this blog will detail a year's worth of training.

The Goofy Challenge is Disney's combined half and full marathons during race weekend. On January 10th I will complete the half marathon at EPCOT and the Magic Kingdom. On January 11th, I will complete the full marathon to all four parks.

In the meantime, I will run my teammates in at the San Diego Rock 'n Roll as a mentor on the Los Angeles (West side) Team in Training Team. And I will also complete the Anchorage AK Mayor's Marathon on June 21st, 2008 - another event with TNT.

Other races are yet to be determined, but I thank you for checking in on me - a recreational foodie with a running habit.

Happy trails... or pavement, whatever the road may be.

No comments: