Saturday, January 21, 2012

Insanity Fit Test #2

Finished Insanity Days 8, 9 and 10 - each a challenge either with cardio, strength or balance ... and Day 10 included all three! I woke the next day feeling sore. Because of my coaching schedule (which included the Goofy Challenge a couple weeks ago), I have not been doing Insanity every single day. However, I did make it to the second Fit Test of the program.

The Fit Test is the benchmark against which we measure improvement. You have 1 minute to complete the given exercise. Scores are recorded every two weeks or so to evaluate progress. Here, again, are the results of my first Fit Test, taken on Day One of the program which for me was Decemeber 24, 2011.

FIT TEST ONE

Switch Kicks (russian kicks) - 100
Deep Jacks (squat jumping jacks) - 41
Power Knees - 61
Power Jumps (squat jumps) - 30
Globe Jumps (box jumping) - 6
Suicide Jumps (burpees) - 10
Push Up Jacks - 17
Power Planks - 39

Today I took on the same round of workouts with the following results:

FIT TEST TWO

Switch Kicks (russian kicks) - 121
Deep Jacks (squat jumping jacks) - 48
Power Knees - 97
Power Jumps (squat jumps) - 42
Globe Jumps (box jumping) - 10
Suicide Jumps (burpees) - 16
Push Up Jacks - 21
Power Planks - 58

Progress all around! Do I credit Insanity? My renewed dedication to my cardio regieme? Luck? Doesn't matter, really, what the cause is. I'm just grateful for the effect - Mostly, I'm happy to have an avenue in my life, fitness, to which I can point to concrete evidence of growth and accomplishment.

Cheers to this!

No comments: