Saturday, May 17, 2008

In Defense of Peaking

.... It's 103 degrees out the in valley today. I slogged through a 10K workout and a quick 10-miler on the bike. All at noon (spent the not-much-cooler morning at Culver City High to help with TNT fall kickoff season).

It's been a long week of biking, running, eating and working. And my Tigger puzzle is coming along well. With all of the exercising surrounding peak week(s), I've been sleeping soundly. I love all the movement, the achievement of pre- or post-job 6 milers. I am still liking my weigh training 2 times a week. And the weekends of long runs are like a nice detox from the office environment.

That all said ... tomorrow is a 20-mile workout. 7am. The first of two over the next two Sundays. I'm enjoying my dinner tonight because it's what's moving my legs tomorrow. Salad, Sushi, Shrimp and some fruit. And a bowl of cereal for dessert.

By noon tomorrow I might be cursing the peak mileage, but for the next 13 hours, I love the idea of it!

No comments: