Saturday, April 7, 2012

28

“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

To Laugh Often - if you were a fly on the wall of my office, you would scowl at the unbelievable amounts of time my boss and I spend laughing at our jobs. And at everything that is not our jobs. I am blessed with a good leader...

To Win the Respect of Others - This summer, I changed chapters in my coaching career with Team in Training. From the Westside of Los Angeles, I transitioned to the San Fernando Valley. And in that transition, I have formed bonds and friendships with amazing folks. It has been such a rewarding experience...

To earn the appreciation of honest critics: My closest friends Jess and Lori, have never met. But separately and together, I trust them deeply. To have such people in my life is a gift.




To endure the betrayal of false friends
: Whom I am lucky to not know. Friends, even close ones, have come and gone with the tide of my career and life. But I have never regreted their presence. I know pain, but not betrayal.

To appreciate beauty
: my lunchtime walks...



To find the best in others:
A Daily Habit. It is only rarely that people mean harm. The rest is just miscommunication.

To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition: In a few words, why I am a part of Team in Training.

To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.

As of April 8, 2012, it marks 28 years. Many more to go. Thank you, to those of have gotten me this far. And thank you, to those with me for the future journey. Here's to perseverance (one of my favorite stories, linked).

Thank you,
Emily aka @goingforgoofy

No comments: