Yesterday I made my first recipe, sort of out of my head. Bison is leaner than beef, so I had to cook it in extra EVOO. You could add an egg to the ground mixture too, but last time I tried that it was a bit watery.
Balsamic Leek and Cheddar Bison Burger with a side of Brussel Sprouts.
Here it is. Give it a shot, it's good!
Balsamic Leek and Cheddar Bison Burger with Brussel Sprouts on the side.
8oz Ground Bison
1 large leek
1 cup brussel sprouts
1 tsp aged balsamic vinegar
2 tbs EVOO
1 small chunk of cheddar
1) Clean leek and chop into tiny bits
2) Toss with Balsamic Vinegar
3) Saute in Olive Oil til soft. Set to the side.
4) Cut up Brussel Sprouts. Toss with Olive Oil
5) Put in Toaster Oven for 10 minutes on 400 degrees
6) Mix Cheddar bits and Leeks with ground bison meat. Throw in salt and pepper.
7) Make 3 patties and put them on griddle pan
8) Fry til done!
9) Finish Brussel Sprouts under broiler (2mins)
10) Put meat on a plate with sprouts.
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes.
Eat Time: 8 minutes with moderate self control