Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bison Burgers - I'm a Chef!

So the Primal Blueprint has me shopping at Farmer's Markets a lot more, and cooking a couple times a week. I have never been a chef. My dad is the meal-provider in our family, and I've learned from him. But I've never spent the time exploring my kitchen. Now that I have cut hours of workout time from my day, I can go play in the kitchen after work.

Yesterday I made my first recipe, sort of out of my head. Bison is leaner than beef, so I had to cook it in extra EVOO. You could add an egg to the ground mixture too, but last time I tried that it was a bit watery.

Balsamic Leek and Cheddar Bison Burger with a side of Brussel Sprouts.

Here it is. Give it a shot, it's good!

Balsamic Leek and Cheddar Bison Burger with Brussel Sprouts on the side.

8oz Ground Bison
1 large leek
1 cup brussel sprouts
1 tsp aged balsamic vinegar
2 tbs EVOO
1 small chunk of cheddar
salt/pepper

STEPS:
1) Clean leek and chop into tiny bits
2) Toss with Balsamic Vinegar
3) Saute in Olive Oil til soft. Set to the side.

4) Cut up Brussel Sprouts. Toss with Olive Oil
5) Put in Toaster Oven for 10 minutes on 400 degrees

6) Mix Cheddar bits and Leeks with ground bison meat. Throw in salt and pepper.
7) Make 3 patties and put them on griddle pan
8) Fry til done!

9) Finish Brussel Sprouts under broiler (2mins)
10) Put meat on a plate with sprouts.

Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes.
Eat Time: 8 minutes with moderate self control


The Result:

Melted Cheese and Leeks in the meat


Crispy Sprouts

1 comment:

bloggs said...

I may be the "meat-provider" but
mom brings home the bacon.