Thursday, December 18, 2008

Homeward Bound...

Once again I find myself on the precipace of another journey ... going home for the holidays. But not before wrapping up a week of lots of running!

After Monday's rest day, Tuesday-Thursday was filled with long, cold miles. Tues (9) and Wed (5) were pleasant, if not a little chilly. This morning's run (9) was a little wetter. I doubled up on shirts because of the weather (high 30s, FREEZING for SoCal) and only the undershirt was a wick-away. So I sweated through it, but the outer layer (a fleece) kept all that sweat on me. The results were fairly uncomfortable.

Nevertheless, tomorrow morning is another 9 miles, putting me at 32 miles for the weekday. Friday night's red-eye (with a layover in Cincinnati at 3:30am!) and Saturday's arrival give my legs a chance to rest before 18 miles on Sunday. I can't believe this is only the beginning of ultra training. It's going to be a long 16 weeks!

No comments: