Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The About Me Page

There are a few memes circulating the interweb that keep cropping up in my sight. They are a bunch of questions that prompt short but revealing insight into who you are. They are fun to read, especially of my friends ... though I equally read strangers' answers. Many are questions that don't come up in regular, everyday conversation ... like, "What was your dream job as a kid?" and "Do You Like the Smell of Play-Doh?" and an addition from the rerun of How I Met Your Mother that I'm watching, "What color is your pony?"

Since I couldn't come up with anything worthwhile to write today, I thought I'd lean on these random reveals as a post. Lame, yes? Are you going to continue to read anyway? Yes. So, boiled down to only a few facts, this is me:

Childhood Sports Hero: Hakeem Abdul Olajuwon, Rebecca Lobo. I wore his jersey (three sized too small, for the majority of 5th grade).

Year You Became a Runner: January 4, 2006.

Year You Became a Triathlete
: March 2010

Most Memorable Moment in Sports
: Watching the '95 Uconn Women's Basketball team beat #1-ranked Tennessee at Gampel Pavilion in Storrs, CT. My parents had season tickets and I vividly remember what it was like to be amongst that crowd of fans.

First Car: 1994 Jeep Cherokee (my dad's)

Favorite Movies: Many - Shawshank Redemption, Aladdin, Little Mermaid, Usual Suspects, and new adds Mean Girls and Pitch Perfect

Favorite Food: Salad

Hated Foods: Veal, Olives

Spicy or Not Spicy: Spicy (more/better)

Favorite Race: WDW Goofy Challenge

My First Marathon Was...: A line in the sand. Stepped over and never looked back.

Next Run/Tri Race: Great Wall of China Marathon / Wildflower Olympic Tri

Favorite Book: Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" series (okay, that's 7 books...)

Favorite Book about Sports: A Life Without Limits by Chrissie Wellington

Life Needs Less: Egos

Life Needs More: Hugs

Fears: Rejection

Most Valued Personality Traits: Goofiness, Generosity, Kindness

Bucket List Item: Overnight camp on the beach. Road trip without a set plan. Take 3 months off of work to bike across America.

Goals for 2013: Spend Dec 31, 2013 among friends, looking back on the year with gratitude and a sense of accomplishment in whatever forms they take.

What Color Is Your Pony: Disco Ball Silver

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome .. and pls take 3 months off work to bike from West to East Coast. I bet that would be a good experience.

Isaac