Monday, July 14, 2008

Busy-ness and Such

My lack of writing is directly proportional to the growing Time Suck that is my job. Don't get me wrong, I have a wonderful job that gives me unparalleled access to brilliant minds. That said, it takes up a lot of energy and a lot of time. Between work and workouts, I am slowly losing my energy. Weekends are good boosters, but the charge only lasts until, say 9am on Monday mornings. Then its back to being mostly tired.

What has been going on over the past couple of days?

-Topped out at 34 running miles and 18 biking miles last week. Less than a week before, but still, not back. This week I am shooting for 40 running miles and 20-30 biking miles. I've combined my workout this evening with my commute = I ran home from work. 4.6 miles in about 35 minutes. Not a long enough run to wholly substitute for the usual six miles, but I've built enough workouts in my schedule to compensate.

-Last week was a test of my flexibility. Most of my running happened from Thurs-Sun. I was a little cranky because of this, but I survived.

-If you eat too many blueberries, can you turn blue? I am an experiment in progress. The store had a good sale, and blueberries are one of my top three favorite foods. I ate about 50 ounces yesterday and 17 today. So far, I'm still tannish in color. Eyes still green.


-New shoes! Asics GT2130 Trail running shoes in brown and pink (blah! what a color combo) and Saucony ProGrid Trigon 5 Rides. Looking forward to wearing these out over the next couple of months.

-Take a look at Sunday night dinner: Asparagus wrap with asparagus/eggplant/spinach hummus (homemade!) and blueberries.


-Biking into work tomorrow, since I ran home and left my car at work. I figure I saved $5 on gas. Hope to repeat this run home / bike in again later in the week, maybe Thursday.

I'm tuckered out now. Bedtime and TV. But fear not, I've got upcoming posts on the different types of workout runs, the hundred push up challenge, and a look at the various running clothing brands. Good night for now.

No comments: