Friday, July 18, 2008

Daylight Fading...

Despite the more recent draining hours that my job has started to demand of me, I have managed to set myself up for a very fulfilling week of running. My goal for the week is 40 miles. I usually run between 30-35, and I wanted to push this week a bit more because next week I will be traveling back home for a wedding, and I don't think my schedule will allow for the usual 30.

As of tonight, Friday, I have gotten 20 miles in in the past five days.

Tomorrow morning at 7:30, there is a meeting of the Hills for Thrills club (me and my TNT friends) for a 9 mile hill run over in Los Feliz, followed by brunch. I plan on getting in some biking as well before going to see the Batman Movie.

Tomorrow's run will take us up to Griffith Part Observatory which is beautiful, but at quite an elevation relative to our starting point.


Sunday is 6 miles with Amie, plus a final run to round out the week to 40.

I can definitely feel the toll of work + the workouts. I go to bed really tired every night, and although I can wake up and go to work in the morning, the same exhaustion comes around again in the evening. It's a good thing though. I used to toss and turn when I slept, and for a while, years ago, I had a lot of trouble falling asleep. Well, turns out I have found a remedy!

No comments: